Fungal Nail PinPointe Laser Program
- We are using the PinPointe Laser which is FDA approved for the treatment of fungal toenails. Studies have shown an approximate 70-80% success rate with this treatment as compared to topicals which have a 10-15% success rate or pills which have a 30-60% success rate.
- The process begins with a consultation with one of our Certified PinPointe Providers.
- The total cost for this treatment is $600-$1,000, depending on the number of toes being treated. Because this is considered aesthetic, it is not covered by health insurance plans. We accept major credit cards and personal checks or you may be able to use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Saving Account (HSA). Payment is due in full at the time of service.
- Studies have shown that only one treatment is needed. However, we are including a second treatment at no cost to the patient, 2-3 months after the initial treatment, with the hope of increasing success rate.
- To determine if the treatment was successful, approximately 3-6 months after the initial treatment (depending on the growth of the nail), the doctor will be looking at new nail growth. He will specifically be looking for clearing at the base of the new nail.
- The treatment itself takes approximately 30-40 minutes.
- This is not a painful procedure; however, you may feel a heat sensation during treatment.
- This treatment is done right in our office and anesthesia is not necessary.
- Fungus is an infection. All infections can reoccur if you become re-exposed, which is why we advise that patients use topical liquids, lotions, and sprays, as well as SteriShoe Ultraviolet Shoe Sanitizer to decrease the chance of reoccurence.
For additional information
- Check out the PinPointe FootLaser on the television show "The Doctors"
- Visit the PinPointe website
- Contact our office and schedule a consultation
- See our article in Boston Magazine
Pre-Laser Treatment Post-Laser Treatment
PinPointe FootLaser Expert Cynosure's PinPointe Laser is the new gold standard for nail fungus removal. Cynosure is known for quality lasers, treating aesthetic concerns from repairing skin texture to reducing facial wrinkles.